Lead Control Systems Design Engineer
- England, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
- Posted 327 days ago
Lead Controls Systems Design Engineer – Chorley – Up to £55,000 p.a.
Based just on the outskirts of central Chorley, with direct links from the M61, my client is a specialist and market leading supplier of bespoke, special purpose pressure testing equipment, vessels and control systems.
Predominantly work in the oil & gas, nuclear and subsea arenas, they’re a small, close knit organisation of around 12 staff who not only implement solutions but manufacture automation equipment for them.
Your involvement would be as a leader. A leader that would be the ‘go-to’ for all things controls, instrumentation and electrical focused. You will also be a knowledgeable, hands on Design Engineer whilst also being able to exhibit strong leadership skills.
You don’t need to be from an oil & gas background but……you will need to have experience with pressure related equipment, controls of pumps and valves.
Some of the duties are outlined below:
– Ability to use a range of software/programming systems i.e. Siemens TIA, Labview etc.
– Working knowledge of PLC, SCADA and HMI based control systems
– Help sales with capturing client requirements and helping sales with developing proposals for control system including helping to develop new up to date technologies
– Lead the specification and design of control systems/electrical panels
– Take responsibility and ownership of Control Systems in the company
– Produce, manage and/or allocate the creation of technical documentation
– Support the manufacture of Control Systems and Electrical Panels with electrical diagrams and/or guidance to electro-mechanical fitters.
You’ll be working on a permanent basis, Monday Friday, with a salary on offer of between £45,000 – £55,000.
You must be eligible to both live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, the company in question wouldn’t be able to offer sponsorship.
To apply, please email your CV to jroberts @ talosautomation . com
KEYWORDS: PLC / CONTROLS / CONTROL SYSTEMS / DESIGN ENGINEER / SIEMENS / TIA / PRESSURE SYSTEMS / OIL & GAS
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.