Business Development/Technical Sales Team Manager

  • {{workoutLocation({display_location: '', country: 'Ireland', town: 'Clare'})}}
  • £65,000 to £80,000 per annum
  • Posted 58 days ago

Technical Sales Manager

Location: Co. Clare, Ireland.

Permanent.

According to IDA Ireland, “Ireland has a proven track record as a successful location for world leading established and high growth multinational companies from around the world. One third of multinationals in Ireland have had operations in the country for over 20 years, illustrating the longevity, resilience and commitment of these companies to Ireland” and I’d like to see anyone contest this statement.

With that in mind and the country being such a hotbed of activity, a client of ours who specialise in automation systems are seeking a team manager for their technical sales and business development functions. This company have seen some very strong years of growth and despite the challenges the past year have presented us, they continue to strive towards their aggressive growth in headcount. They have the customers, they have the facilities, they now need the people who are going to buy in to their vision and help scale it.

As a Technical Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of around 7 individuals: 2 Key Account Managers, 3 Technical sales Engineers and 2 Service Sales Reps. Your day-to-day role will be to manage the team, support with customers proposals, whilst contributing to the wider company strategy, and being a senior sales point of contact for customers. You will also have the engineering background yourself, being able to ‘talk technical’ will be required.

Ideally, you will be currently in a similar role, managing people and achieving/exceeding targets. This may be within an engineering, machinery, or automation business, selling complex machines, solutions, or whole systems.

About you:

* Ideally degree qualified in an engineering, technical or scientific discipline.
* Proven background within a technical sales or applications engineering role.
* People management skills and experience are a must.
* A strong communicator, technically and commercially. You’ll need this alongside your personality to develop those relationships internally and externally.

Other information:

* It is estimated that 80% of your time will be based at HQ, with the remaining 20% (in normal non-Covid times) being home-based or a tiny bit of travel to customers/tradeshows etc.
* 2-3 stage interview process.

For further information, please click ‘apply’ or reach out to Ben Wiggins at Talos Automation.

Talos is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.

Okay

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site find out more