An insight into the global Automation and Robotics industry
Take a look at the facts below for an overview of the dynamic growth in the global Automation and Robotics industry over the past few years.
- As of 2016, Germany’s manufacturing industry was the fifth largest market in the world with an average of 301 robots per 10,000 employees.
- The USA installed 80,000 new robots between 2010 and 2015, which was accompanied by the number of jobs in the US Automotive sector increasing by 230,000.
- The global Automotive market had a share of 35% of the total supply of industrial robots in 2016, followed closely by the Electronics market with a 31% share.
- China, the Republic of Korea, Japan, the United States and Germany represented 74% of the total sales in the Automation industry in 2016. China has been the largest robot market since 2013.
- The demand for robots within the Automotive sector in 2016 increased to 103,300 units, which is a 6% increase.
Robotics are increasingly being introduced into global workforces, in particular in the manufacturing industry. Introducing robots into the workplace allows companies to automate repetitive jobs, increasing productivity, precision and accuracy without compromising on employee’s health and safety. This creates new opportunities for skilled workers to maintain and enhance the use of innovative Automation machines / programmes.
This has previously been perceived as a negative. However, the introduction of more robotics is now backed by statistics showing a positive correlation between the installation of robots and the number of jobs in the US.
Bob Doyle, Director of Communications at Association for Advancing Automation, told Design News,
We’re not seeing a reduction in shop floor staff. When you look at the overall industrial robots installed, jobs do transform. They have been doing that since the dawn of the industrial revolution. A challenge we have now is finding qualified personnel to do the automation. We’re looking at two-year programs or apprenticeship programs to fill the jobs.
Talos Automation provides global staffing solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs. Our experienced consultants use the latest candidate search technology to find the right candidates for our clients.
We provide the following services:
- Complete Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
- Talent acquisition and management
- Recruitment process reviews
- Resource provider reviews and alignment
- Recruitment campaign management
- Fixed-price packages of contract resource
- Project management and support
- Contractor payroll
- Contractor site management
- Security documentation process control
- Interim HR provision
- Training provision using in-house and external expertise
- Remuneration reviews
- Legal and compliance advice
Talos Automation cover all sectors of the Automation, Controls and Robotics industry.
Our day to day work is in the following markets:
- Controls & Instrumentation
- Design & Development
- Electrical Engineering
- PLC & SCADA
- Robocad & Simulation
- Robotics & Automation
Get the talent you need to drive your Automation business forward. Register your vacancy with Talos Automation today.
Looking for a new job in this growing industry? Send us your CV and we will match you with one of the many roles on our database.